Friday, February 18, 2011

Working for Uncle K

What a day. For this week, we were doing nothing as the norm has come back from holiday. You know the routine before the Christmas break. We took them to school, while doing nothing in the while they were at school, then time came to pick them up. Well this week is replete with this routine. So today, K and I did something out of the ordinary. We went to uncle K's shop and helped him out.

WE normally do travel beyond the parameter of the house location. This is due to the increased oil price. We rather traveled predominantly around the park and to the library. Today though, we learned that uncle K is without workers at the shop. He has been working sans workers for the duration because the baker had moved away. His shop is pretty tiny, so he and his wife work there not too big of a problem. Granted, no one wants to work this much, so we decided that we'd help out. We went there around 10.40 and arrived at approx. 11.15.

They seemed joyous to see, which was a good sign. I was afraid in the beginning that they would view this as something intrusive or something. Rather, we were greeted with smiles. They did say if we wanted to help further, come earlier as that would be busier hours when a lot of customers march in. I think we would do that, just so they could relax alittle.

With that done, we traveled for almost hour, albeit the traffic congestion, and when we arrived at school, we were late. The children were already left. K said they must have gone to the office, waiting for us there. I was not in the same boat. I was indeed at fault when we saw them there. The kids said the teacher told them to go there and wait as she was locking up the back gate.

Afterward, we headed to the Korean supermarket to get snacks. Uncle K earlier had asked us to go and pay for his Sky bills at their main office. We therefore were going there after getting the snacks.

There was a bad episode. It was called the girl who refused to wear clothes to go piano lesson. That's all I am going to touch on the subject because she was the demon.

Now, I just finished cleaning out the fridge. I saw the o was cleaning the garage and offered my help. The aid eventually turned to cleaning out the fridge for the kitchen shed. So now we go.two kitchens in the house. Don't ask why we have two. According to them, the second kitchen, which sits in the shed, is for daily cooking, whereas the main house kitchen becomes occasional kitchen. I guess they don't want to dirty their house, thus allocating the most dirty-0attracted place to the shed.

Am going to walk with my sister now.


No comments: