Friday, February 25, 2011

Current Events

  • K, I and my brother with his wife have been looking for a car for my sister. We have been at it since Tuesday, going to auction houses to get a bargain. It is all complicated since we have a small budget to begin with. My sister apparently likes a small typed car, which looks similar to a beetle. The ones we looked at, I think her fav is the VW Polo. The price though doesn't match the budget, infact more so than not.
  • I am trying to get my japanese studies up to intermediate level. I have been trying to get contacts with people who can teach me the subject on Facebook.
  • My brother and his wife are almost done with purchasing the butchery in Hamilton. They are in the process of change of ownership after having done the negotiating. If things are going according to plan, we will move in on the 7th next month.
  • My brother had asked me to help him out for the first week. They acquired rent on this apartment in the Hamilton CBD, with two rooms, apparently one for themselves while the other is for moi if I decided to stay there over weekend, or in the while I go help them. My feeling is neutral. I don't think I want to stay there long term, being that I don't feel comfortable and the fact that I hate doing butchery.
  • The earthquake that happened in Chch earlier this week in the time I was sitting in the car waiting for my brother and his wife while in the lawyer's office. We stayed there after we had just been to the auction. We heard of the news over the radio. It's sad and I hope the families involved in the quake will find good news.

No comments: