Thursday, February 17, 2011

Weekend In Review

I know yesterday's post was bizzare. I was dazed by the huge amount of shouting, yelling, scouting, scolding going on in the house. I had been walking for the last one hour and a half, which was tiring for my feet. Upon returning to the house, I heard the oral battle between K and the girl. I couldn't take it.

What were they shouting about? It was due to the girl's reluctance to do her homework. I don't understand the reason for my sis' to do what she did, because she would normally be cool about that sort of thing. Homework is more down my alley. I think she wanted to lessen my workload by asking the girl to complete it before I returned. It didn't work, did it?

Ok I will get away from depressing speech, and we'll look at last weekend's activities. The weekend had been my productive and most fun weekend I have had for quite sometime. On Saturday, K and I went out to see her friend T's last day in this country. We were planning on taking a ferry at 7.15 to go over to the Waihiki Island. We missed it, for there was a heavy traffic in the city. The whole night turned out to be good, despite missing the ferry.

On Sunday, it was my boyboy's bd. It looked like the day wasn't going to be his, apparently because the parents seemed cool about not making it special for the boyboy. Why do I say that? That's because they were doing the stuff at the shed instead of organising the boyboy's party, which it didn't look like it was happening. By around 7.30 though, uncle K and family came. It was then that we found out (me+k) there was a cake inside the freezer (who puts cakes in freezer?) I took it out, being told to do so by the o. We then sang the birthday song to the boyboy, in the while he couldn't contain his excitement. I knew what was on his head. All he wanted was to have the presents, don't really care for the cake and the party that much. He asked me about the presents as soon as he knew the day was his special one. We did give his gifts; K gave him a beyblade stadium, I the mighty beans pack and uncle K a truck that can be taken apart and together again. The boyboy was so happy. He loved all his gifts.

For the majority of the night, we had dinner as normal. The kids began playing with their new toys. We had dinner on the dining table, I felt that it didn't like a party. Some awkward moments did sneak its head in.
Oh, btw, the cake was homemade. Actually, it was bakerymade as the d made it in his shop.

No comments: