Thursday, February 3, 2011

Car Problem Revisited


K, my sister, was late for work. It was not the usual her going there late intentionally. She had to be at the labtest to have her blood taken. She then headed to repay the amount due when she couldn't pay for the medicine yesterday. In that between travel time, her car began to act funny. It was then that she stopped on the side and called me.

I was sitting in front of the tv and the computer when the call came. I picked it thinking it was possibly my brother who wanted to ask whether I'd go to his house or not. When she voiced, I knew it was my sister and I knew she got in trouble. She told me that her car was troubling and she had to stop near our old shop. She was using the phone at the dairy near there.

I immediately phoned my brother telling him to go pick K up. He said he'd come to get me first, so I had to prepare before he gets there. I did as told, but still had the delay when he reached at the house. We drove there in about 10 minutes.

Once there, K asked me if I called the douche to inform him about the car problem, thus she wouldn't be at the shop on time. I of course said no, which she then did the call herself. The conversation was brief and I knew the douche was angry by the sound of how my sister responded. She told me later he was snobby and talked like she was wasting his time. His current nickname is well deserved.

What happened next was Ken calling the towing truck. They charge $90. The towing truck followed us to the mechanic in Otahuhu, where we told them about the engine returning to its problematic past. They took it in and had a test drive which, to them, was fine. Nonetheless, the car would remain there for a day where they would have a proper checkup. K had removed her valuables into Ken's car.

After having talked to the mechanic, we drove to K's work. She was dropped and was told that my brother would go pick her up in the evening. She denied, wanting to take the bus after work, but my brother adamantly insisted. He and I then went to the club to play snooker.

I am now sitting in the living room with L's computer. Ken and she are in the city centre to see the seller. I stayed behind because I don't want to be intrusive in their dealing.

Happy Chinese New Year to everyone who is celebrating it! Our family is not one of those sadly because the o and the kids are away. Still, nothing stops you from enjoying but yourself. Have a good year!

No comments: