Yep, it's that time of the year again- the class photo day. It felt like only yesterday that we were trying to tutor Jord about smiling in his class photo. Infact, it went too perfect. He smiled forcibly, but it was really cute as hell. I laughed seeing it later, and was happy he in the least had paid attention to us. Of course we asked him to tone down the smile abit and he promised to look as sill as possible. I just laughed because it's typical of him, and we'll see it when it gets to us in the impending weeks.
Anyway, the day started out aweful because I was really a jack*** to Jude. She was being herself, the obnoxious type, but that is her saying she was joyous. I was more preoccupied by her constant talking than to pay any attention to her body language. I shouted at her for that attitude, which was very wrong of me. Then after she had done consumed her breakfast, I was quite adamant for her to tie her hair up for the photo day. She didn't want to do so, but was made to comply. My sister assisted her, and they left in the ensuing minutes. I felt unbelievably horrible. I should not have done it. She is afterall a child and it just proves I am really a ferocious monster. The guilt stayed with me throughout the day, and it was deservedly so.
Upon their return from school, the children were elated to report to me about how their day, or more importantly how their photos, went. Jord said he had to stand for the class photo, while the individual photo was taken with him sitting. He didn't, however, mention of his facial expression when the photos were taken. We'll have to wait to see it. As for Jude, she said she's always been the person occupying the spot on the side and the position of sitting down. She further elaborated on the instructions by the photographer of how they were supposed to sit up and hands and feet together. She liked the experience, of which hearing that sound had made my day a little more hopeful. Loved to hear that the children would having this nice memories of their early school days with the photos that were done today.
I apologised to Jude, in which she accepted. I hugged her in that apology and she reciprocated with a genuine press. I really need to have my anger in check because I don't truly want a repeat of the incident in the near future. Just relax buddy and don't ever take out on the children for the troubles that aren't their fault.
No comments:
Post a Comment