Dell Computers suck badly. This statement is a bit harsh but if you know what we've through using these computers, you'd understand why.
First time that we used the Dell computer was around three years ago. I believe my big bro bought me it. I was using daily and felt it was alright. Upon my new move to this place, I bought a new laptop, a more smaller and simpler model. I gave the old one to my sister, as she needed one. She'd been using it ever since. But for a period of a year or so, the laptop became very heated if you prolonged the usage. My sister would complain of the heat at the base. Then one day the heat got too grest that it destroyed the motherboard from within. We didn't know of the situation oin the first reaction, but assumed it was probably the cause of the graphic memory or the screen being overloaded. We seached online for some solution, only to find that many people have experienced the similar event, concerning the overheated motherboeard which leads to multicolour screen default.
What we did next was to call the hotline for assistance, and whether we should get a free replacement in the event that it wasn't our fault. The assistant over the phone told my sister that it is not their responsiblity anymore because the warranty had been expired. If we wanted to get it fixed, they will do so with a HUGE price tag. Boy, I was pissed in hearing this. After many phone calls to the company, we finally had given up. We sold the broken the laptop, and my sister had been computer-less since then.
As a belated birthday gift for my sister, I decided that I wanted to get a new computer, one that she will have to herself. I told my big bro about my idea, and he forwarded it to my mum. Fast forward a month later, my sister was ordering a new laptop with my big bro over the internet. I of course rejected the idea that we shouldn't get another Dell computer because of previous encounter with their poor customer service and poor product. My bro rather, made a persuasion that it was probably an aberration of their fautly product and that Dell is a respectible company that we should dismiss that easily. The price was also a deciding factor in all of it.
When my sister received her laptop two weeks, it was all well. Albeit a week late in the delivery, my sister seemed to like it until now. The laptop is becoming a nuance. It is slow in internet functions, and it is constanting freezing up, out of the blue. As my sister found out later by my bro, it has no sound card to begin with. I am just curious how did the Dell Company makes money. With all these properties of theirs that contain poorly constructed computers, how the hell did they get to sell so many of their products?!
Anyway, my sister is now doing the calling and we'll get to the bottom of the problem. They will either fix whatever it is the problem and make amends free of charge! So far she is waiting quite some time for service and it feels to me like they are trying to evade her. History seems to be coming back.
So what I am trying to say is don't buy Dell products.
No comments:
Post a Comment