Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Survivor All-Stars II

Before we get to the latest edition of the popular reality show "Survivor", I want to make a few comments on the previous season. As the finale had showed, the winner of that season was the so called dumbass girl, Natalie. She beat the villain of all villains Russ in 7-2 victory at the final tribal coucil. My thought was it was spot on. I felt like she deserved it more because she was indeed playing a very socail and effective game to earn the title. Other people, however, did not feel the mutual sentiment. They ranted about the robbering of Russ' game. He was manipulative and devious in many ways, evident by the sock burning, the backstabbing, etc. Some of these nastiness weren't neccessary, and he should have toned down his condescending ways to get some votes. I wouldn't want to vote for him anyway for these reasons. It was just that his meanness outweighed the thought process to even comtemplate rewarding the title. I think the jurors made the right decision.

Now, onto the new edition of the franchise- Survivor 20. The contestants will be consisting of past players, with nine of whom are three time players. My thought about the cast is somewhat good. I didn't want to see people from later editions because it is too recent for me. However, with the cast like this I think it will a good season to watch.

The person I will bet to win for this season is Candice. My prediction is based on past experiences. On the first all star season, the girl whom most people didn't think deserved to get a second chance won that season. On Micronesia, a similar fate happened. So I think Candice, being that one undeserving second chance player and have some social and physical qualities in her, is going to reinforce that feat of female winners on all star editions.

THis is just the first thought from me about the season. There wil be more posts as the season premiers and porgresses. See if I'm right.

No comments: