It's 5.16am when I am beginning to write this blog post. I have the insomniac episode again. Lately, in the last week, it has been more frequent to get these attacks. I was going to sleep earlier than my usual time last night, hoping to get some goodnight sleep, but apparently as evident by my wake right now, it is not the case. Excuse me if I make mistakes, for it is really early.
Last Saturday, the 30th, the twins had their first NZ birthday. It was also their fifth birthday, the big milestone most parents would celebrate grandly as it is the transition from toddler to childhood. The twins did recieve their grand party to mark the occasion but the transition has to be postponed because they won't be going to school this year. Uncle wanted to have the party when he asked K to make the arrangement for a dinner party at this nearby restaurant earlier in the week. He went on to ask her to order a birthday cake as well. K did just all these. So when Saturday came, everything was ready. Everyone, including my bro and his wife, came to the dinner party where there were many dishes were served. I thought it was a good celebration as the two kids were so elated in the presents they were receving on the night and everyone else was having some fun. Therefore the night was a success, in my opinion.
The twins won't be going to school this year, as mentioned above, despite their age dictates they should be, is due to that uncle hasn't found a house to settle in, meaning the kids don't have where to go attend schooling. I was concerned about this scenario last year. With any window of opportunity to tell grams, who is the primary carer for the twins, I would take them, or at least let K do the talking. However, the answer always deflected the actual issue itself. Grams would be somewhat angry as she felt she was accused by us. For some reason, I suppose I was accusative of her but the blame truly lies upon the parents themselves. For starters, Grams wasn't and still isn't capable of managing the kids in the first place because of her age. So why is it her responsibilty to enroll the kids. Secondly, she was promised by uncle that he would find a replacement, so that Grams could go back to home. Obviously as all things had turned out, none of it was achieved. They always blamed their situation to the tie that they have to their business. I find this as an excuse. Nobody had asked them to buy the shop, and nobody had asked them to have kids either. It was THEIR choice to make, and they chose to have them at the same. Besides, some people could manage both if there was effort involved. I have seen it.
It is pointless now, since anything I said is just wind to their ears. The kids will not attend, but K and I have bought these preschool activity books, so we'll bring school to them. For the time being anyway.
There was one other thing worth mentioning. On the party night, the douche bag was behaving like his suggestive name. He was acting condescending to uncle. K had noticed it and so did I. I sensed it as early in the night when we all were having the cake. He didn't come out of his room, which I saw as a disrespect. K told me today if she hadn't stopped herself, that night could've been remembered as the night the douche bag was beaten by a girl. I laughed at that, questioning though what everyone would've thought of the pretentious event. Nonetheless, we kept the opinion to ourselves of course.
So all in all, the children were having a fun, and that is all it mattered on the night of their fifth birthday. Afterall, it was their party. Everyone else was just a catalyst to their big occasion. I hope good things will happen in the future for them. Now though, I should try to get some sleep because K and I will be off to work at the bakery today.
No comments:
Post a Comment