Chinese New Year is today. It is also the day my little cousin Jord turns 6. The two coincide so beautifully that we're celebrating the occasions simultaneously. We'll be having a dinner party for the family and we'll be singing the happy birthday tone afterwards. Jord seemed to be excited about it this morning. He got up and began acting all funny. I was annoyed by this revelation because he was asking for presents before the day began. He was obnoxiously telling people about his big day, which I was strongly bothered by the sight of it. I told him off to little avail.
The afternoon was work and work. For me, it wasn't much so, but K was sharing a big shunk of load work. She said she didn't want me to tire myself for "them". The douche bag and his wife, in accompanyment with the kids, went home for the afternoon to pray for good luck for the coming year. It's the norm of how we celebrate this annual event. K seemed to be enjoying every minute of separation from the kids. She had been complimented upon by the customers about her presence which was self-reassuring. THe afternoon was nothing but joyous.
After work, we got to the warehouse store to get a present for Jord. WE already had one gift for him awhile back. It was a leftover gift that we had from Christmas. Now we needed one more for either of us to give to the boy. We got there and immediately found this toy tool set which was perfect since the boy liked that DIY thing. The price was reasonable as well. WHile there, I also bought myself a journal book. I wanted to keep track record of my daily life because I tend to forget. This way when I am older, it'd be neat to relive some moments that I would otherwise forget without the journal.
I know I am probably feminsing myself by having a journal, but look at most scientists. They have them too for reasons shared by me. They have them because they don't wish to precious thoughts, and so do I.
Moreover about the dinner party. It was small and yet intimate held by the continuing conversations. Uncle k and his family were present. Everybody was at the table consuming traditional Chinese meals. THe birthday celebration followed. Jord liked his presents but was forced to surrender one of his twin gifts to the twins when they cried out of jealousy. All in all, it was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment