Sundays are never good for me. I always feel extra confined within these walls when the kids are around the house all day. Besides, the screamings are mostly done on this day.
However, today was different. Ken and his Wife, Loan, took us out for checking on their potential bakery. They are planning on getting the bakery in New Lynn which is 30 minutes aways from where I live. They took us there because they wanted Kim to check on it as well, meaning to get another opinion as well as their own to see if the shop fits them, or doing good business for that matter. If Kim was going, it only meant I have to too, therefore the kids have to be there as well. It's like a chain with us, the interconnected motion of chain that one has to bring the other. SO off we went.
When we got there, we had to stay inside the car, stalking the shop for customer numbers. It turned out the shop didn't seem to have much customers going in to buy food on Sundays. At most, I saw about 10 people went in. So I had some suspicions about the actual figures the owner of the bakery had laid for us.
Then came lunch. We had lunch at McDonald's nearby the bakery. I had Fillet-o-Fish combo, while the children each had one meal happy meal. Kim had some caesar wrap, as is Loan, while Ken had some burger I couldn't recall. It was quite pleasant for me. The children were well-behaved for the most part, and had gone to play in the playground there. Ken and Loan were also seemed to be enjoying themselves, which was good because I didn't want to think that we were there to ruin their Sunday afternoon.
Later, we went back to check on the shop. But this time, Loan , Ken and Kim were all going inside the bakery to talk to the owners. WHile that was happening, I and the children were stuck in the car with nothing to do. Thank goodness, though, they didn't leave for long. After 20 minutes or so, they returned and then we went to McDonald's again. Ice creams, we all had. Then, home we went.
The event maybe seemed a bit boring for you, but for me, it was fun. Sure, there were moments that were boring, like the waiting in the car experience with the kids, but at least there weren't screamings of sorts. I had a good time. If only most Sundays are like that.
More aboutbakery. I wanted to tell my feeling of the bakery. Initially, I thought the bakery had potential as it was located in a main road. It had good traffic of cars and good parking spaces. But the more I look at it, the more I see it as on the outskirt of a more crowded area. As today had shown, the shop didn't have much paedestrains going to and fro around that area, but the crowd is more concentrated on the backside of the shop, which is where the mall and other shops are. McDonald's is located beside the library and in front of the mall, which is at the back of the bakery. LIke, how can we compete with a mega fast food chain such as McD's. But put aside my doubts, the bakery owners revealed to Ken that its turnover is $7000 per week, which is good. Kim felt that Thursdays must be their busiest day and should therefore be earning them more than $1100 to make up for the lacklaster Sundays. The owners didn't agree and was pushy on the subject, saying that they earn around $1000 each day, more or less so, including on Sundays. SO we couldn't say anything about it. Ken will make an offer to the owner tomorrow and we'll see.
I hope everything for the best for them. Loan and Ken really deserve a good life.
No comments:
Post a Comment