WHere i live, the internet data usage is limited. We have a certain amount of data cap for monthly usage, which I exceeded it. For this reason, I couldn't use the internet for the last 4 days. A reboot had been done last night, so here I am now.
I wanted to say to for the previous days with no internet access was horrifying. Seriously, for some reason, I felt unease. I think I am an internet addict.
Reflecting back to why I use the internet in the first place, I remember being connected via my brother. Rewind a few years back when I was still in high school, my oldest brother was setting up the connection to online when he used to live with us. AS he moved away, the name still remains in which I became the main user. At first, I wasn't embedded to use it as I am now.
Now though, as I feel trapped within these confined walls, I felt like I needed a getaway. So internet fills in the void in which I lack in real life. I needed to feel connected to the outside world, for going outside in the cyber space will at least keep me sane abit in the midst of chaos in my life. When I don't the internet, my mind will surely be preoccupoed itself with the trouble that is the douche bag and his wife. So, in desperation, I wanted that slight vacation.
Moreover, I wanted to use the internet to catch up with friends that I have built around the world. So this way, I wouldn't feel too isolated as the oppression has caused in reality. It is good for my morality abit, anyway.
There are obviously bad things that is associated with addiction to the internet. However bad it is, yes I know the negative connotations to it, I think the benefits outweigh the costs, at least for the time being. I think I will get over it when I move out of this house.
No comments:
Post a Comment