Yesterday night, K and I, along the kids, went to their show production at school. Initially, it was abit awkward for me, as I felt out of place. However, that sentiment went away when I went to see Jord's play. At first, K and I were at the wrong area just outside of Jord's class where there were chairs and a centre stage, which we assumed was Jord's set. WE were wrong, and then had gone to the actual set which was inside the class. At first we didn't see Jord there, but toward the end, his cue was the people running away in which he came on with a bunch of other kids. Seeing him there was awesome, watching him in his first ever play. He played the part of a hunter apparently looking for a hippo. Don't really understood what the play was about, nonetheless, it was cool to see a child's involvement in such activities. He told me later that he was a person running away from a bunch of hippos, which further reinforced confusion. Funny.
Next, after watching Jord in his play, we signed him out and headed to see Ju's "How the Kiwis Lost Its Wings." The children participants were dressed according to colours that relate to type of species. Some kids were dressed as woods, with facial paints on. We didn't see her. At first, K assumed she was one of the tree people, but we didn't spot her in that group. As Ju was wearing deep blue top, I thought she was involved in the group of dark topped, who were some sort of birds. When the dark top kids got on stage, we didn't see her. Jord, at this point, kept on asking where Ju was. The play ended and we still hadn't seen Ju. But the play had to be reenacted for the late comers, it was there that we discovered her in the bunch of yellow tshirts kids. She was, this was found out later, a bug that habituate in the woods. I toook a picture of her, just one. But I did take more pictures later in the night when we got out. Ju seemed to enjoy the attention, which I thought she deserved it. Good to see her having fun.
So after watching both of the kids' performances, K decided to buy them some treats. K bought chocolates and cookies for both of them for their rewards.
The whole night was awesome, I would say. It was filled with some awesome entertainment by the kids, and everyone was happy being there.
No comments:
Post a Comment