Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Some Random Rants

This morning I woke up to the sound of the little boy not obeying to his caregiver. He didn't get dressed quick enough for the liking of his supremacy. So the caregiver kept on repeatedly telling him to make himself useful by getting ready for school. I looked at the time and it read 8.15am. The time indicated that the boy was going to be late to school if the trend of disobery was to continue. I, being the other "helper", made the choice that I had to make the boy listen. So that was the end to my sleeping.

The boy, in subsequent events, was very good. He listend and got dressed. He then brushed his own teeth and had his breakfast eaten in the neck of time. It was unbelievably smooth. We weren't late afterall.

I can't help but think that my being here has high effectss on the children. I know they are great kids under the surface of disobedience. They were good for the most part this morning, which indicated some sense in them. It made feel highly guilty when I see this. I realise the children will be highly traumatised by my impending departure from this place. I can't stay here because I know I don't belong. The children however don't know this, and they have always believed I will remain with them forever more. The sad thing is I can't tell them about me not wanting to live in this house, the place they call home. There is nothing I can do, but only to cushion the blow by visiting them every now and then, if permitted of course by the parents.

Another thing that happened today was my big bro's pulling of his wisdom tooth. I didn't know about this until this afternoon when we visited the dentist. I, being true to self, didn't venture in the office to witness the torture, but seeing the bag containing the pulled out tooth was a good enough imagery in my head. The cost of the operation was $800. Damn these dentists know how to make money. They charged you as if they know you were growing dollars on trees. How can the government not intervene on the prices of these ridiculous procedures. It's not right. That's the primary reason you see many people have witches' teeth around here. The people can't afford the checkups, let alone getting operations like my brother's.

Anyway, my brother paid them the full price. He had no choice.

AS a consequent to my brother appointment to his dentist, K was the designated driver for him after the operation as he could not drive under the pain. K therefore didn't go to the shop. I forced her to call the douche bag because, afterall, we are still in their house. She of course was mad at hearing this. But the fact of the matter remains, we are still under their supervision. After many pushes, she stubbornly called them. The oppressed picked up the phone. K had explained to her, but she sounded disinterested as she was quick to hang up. This led to K more infuriated. Hey I was too. Again, this is not our choice.

I talked to my mum on Monday in a long time. Initially, I didn't desire to talk to her at all, but I was insisted by my brother. She brought up a topic in our conversation which was there was this fortune teller she saw the other day. The teller had foresaw my and K's fate, telling her that we would get our news before the month ends. I am of course a skeptic to this, but it is a nice confirmation. K didn't believe it either when I told her afterwards.

No comments: