Thursday, March 3, 2011

I Got My Number

I got my IRD number today. I didn't expect it today as the person who submitted my case said it would take at least four days due to the larger than expected number of applications these days. So when they called my sister, we were at the Warehouse looking for furniture. I wasn't in the know when it happened. My sister spoke with the IRD people who asked her for the personal details to confirm who she was. Then the person revealed to my sister that she called because she has completed our application which now she could tell of the number. So my sister excitedly took down the number. She then asked about my case, which the person said she hadn't done it yet. Once she has, she would call back on her phone number.

In about one hour later, I received a phone call from the person. I was on my way to Ken's place. The call was similar to what my sister encountered. The person asked for my personal information, something I gave, then she told me about my number. I took it down, writing it on a newspaper nearby. It was quick. We were done in less than two minutes.

So now what? The question begs so much action. I want to begin schooling first of all. Above everything I want to start my education. I haven't been at it for some time, so it is definitely on the top of the list of things to do once I got my number. After that, I will slowly figure things out from there. Whether to remain in the house with my aunt and uncle, or move to Hamilton with my brother. If they let me stay there to work for them, then I got to go there. But school could be the problem then. We'll see how my school application went to truly know my fate for the next few months.

For now, I am going to bed.

No comments: