Monday, March 7, 2011

First Time On the Bus

Yesterday was the first time that Jude went on the public bus. I thought the kids never went on the bus, but apparently Jord had been on it before with my sister. The reason for going on the bus was that we were heading to the library and we didn't have a car. It was good time.

My brother called early in the morning because he wanted me to go with him to Hamilton. He was going to ask his other brother in law to help him move the stuff, in the fish van, but he was busy with going to seek for a car for his sister, so I am the opportunity cost. When he called, I was still snoozing, so I couldn't pick the phone up. My sister did and she came to inform while I was in a daze that he needed to go with him. I said yeah, yeah, but I would get up at 1030am. When I woke up, sis changed her mind and said she'd be the one to leave with my bro, while I remained at the house to look after the kids.

I didn't agree with it, but despite my protest, my sister still went out anyway. I had breakfast and played beyblade stuff with the kids, in particular who was in the mood to beat me. I was winning because I used a strong beyblade. Eventually I decided that I would take the kids to the library via bus and I thought it would be cool for them to ride on the bus for the very first time. I cooked lunch in anticipation to have them prepared to go out.

We had rice with the duck meat leftover from last night. We ate it taking us thirty minutes. Eventually I took them out for the 1255pm bus. The children were excited. i asked if they had been on the bus before, and the girl said that she has but only on the school bus. The boy, however, said that he had been on it with my sister. I thought he was kidding but my sister confirmed this later. The bus was prompt.

ON the bus the kids both wanted to be seated next to the window, so I had them sat at the place with four seats are facing each other. There they moved around. I even brought out my Ipod to take pictures of their excitement being on the bus. It was good experience to share with them.

The kids in unison pressed the stop button, and we got off at the shopping centre. We walked to the library. The boy thought he was going to the Manukau library, then he decided he didn't like the place. I said every library is somewhat similar. They are not that different. We stayed there and borrow a book each. I used my new library card for which I am happy to do.

Walked around the mall, we went to this cheap store, the warehouse, Farmers, in search for Mighty Beans. The kids are now collecting them, so I wanted to get something they would like. All stores we went to all sold out the product, something I found to be strange. I couldn't help but thought that probably they just didn't stock them anymore.

We had McDonald's snacks, and came back home on the bus. We got home, and my sister returned also from the moving only forty minutes or so.

So the day was cool. The children were so excited about getting on the bus, especially Jude's first time riding on it. The joy on their faces couldn't be more real and so delightful. It was just a good day.

No comments: