I'm off to work in about 15 minutes. Yeasterday night as she was heading to go to bed, the oppressed drew last few breaths for the day, told K that she wanted us to replace her at work today. This impromptu interception in my planning for today had me cancelled the the date with my brother and his wife. They were going to take me and the children out to lunch as this will be their last day until their trip to Aus. However it is, I still have to be at work due to my oppression under this roof. I couldn't reject the oppressed's asking for help. I wanted to, but becaue I live with her, I couldn't do that to her, to make her get even more angry at me for already contributing nothing. The children will be with her, of course, so that is the plus side of it all.
What made her ask us to help all of a sudden? Well, for starters, she didn't ask us. She was actually telling us to get our butts up to make her life easier. She does it all the time. Even when we don't want to, there is no denying that when occurrences like this happen, you can't really wriggle your way out except obey as told. I've always hated that because it makes me feel like I was a tool for using when convenient. Sure I'm doing nothing anyway, so I could always offer assistance. The way she portrays herself just makes the whole issue more problematic.
The other thing as to why she wants our help today is that all week she's been slaving herself away at work. This comes to nobody's surprise because as she comes back home each day, her immediate action was to lie down on the sofa, deep breathing. SHe does this almost to tell me about her sinister life story in the deep breathing that she takes. This action has made me more compelled not wanting to help. For one, she does it to draw sympathy and I am not the sort of person to do this to. I can't stand her acting up. I already got my own worries and there is no more room for her problems too. Secondly, the fact that she 'thinks' she's exhausted from overworked is ultimately her own issue. I wasn't the one who made her work over twelve hours aday. I wasn't the one who told her to stand and no rest in her work hours. I was never endorsed any behvaviour to contribute to her over exhaustion. All the actions that she TOOK and all the problems are HERS. At yet, she doesn't see it. She still feels somebody is owing her life, and it is us who has to deal with it.
All these factors that lead her to make us go to work, inspite of our plans. We couldn't deny her because it is her house afterall. I couldn't deny her because I would then be seen as unreliable, which is so true. All you could do when told is just to obey. That is why we're heading to work now.
No comments:
Post a Comment