Saturday, April 24, 2010

Money Woes

When did I ever complain about money, or the lack thereof? The answer is the beginning of my stay here. I can't lie that I hadn't thougt about becoming very rich one day because I have. I remember telling myself being rich is glorifying. Ofcourse I was very young then and to this day I still think the same way. Though thinking about it is one thing, turning this fantasy into a reality is another. I have strides to become richer. When my mum was here, I was very controlling with the flow of finance in our house. I had ensure that the money being spent will never outweigh the inflow of it. There was always a small portion that go into savings. Mum and my sister were somewhat agitated by my accouting ability as it would mean they couldn't wastefully manipulate their urge to buy. It was the good of times for my inner accoutant.



K, this morning, approached me in want of a chat about spending the money. She was getting Jord to his firat maths tutorial, and the teachers charge three hundred-ish for their service. Today is also the starting day for both the children's Chinese start which also need money to compensate for the service the teachers there are offering. The amount for that class is less than the maths lessons. Both costs amount to $600 that we don't have the money for. I protested that I don't wish for the children to join these extra activities and thus it is not our responsibility to pay for them. K looked at me and was more vocal than me when she spoke of that the money that we are spending on them now isn't ultimately ours in the first place. So what is the harm in that spending?

I have to clear up something here first, before we venture any further. The money that we receive on a weekly basis is for the paid job of looking after the kids. The douche bag couple doesn't know this, but ever since I didn't want to have any relation to them whatsoever after which time we have to leave this place, I have decided that I will repay them the whatever money I will then have with me. So all the amount that are accumulating in my saving will go to them when I leave this sh*thole. K agreed to my deal. Got it?

K's argument was that the money will go to them anyway, so the amount that we pay to the classes are theirs in the end. In this respect, they are paying, just that they don't know it yet. I get that but K's and my logics are very different. I thought that if we save more than we spend, then the repayment will look bigger so they will have a hard time feeling guilty for the mistreatment they did to us all these years. If we run a deficit in our weekly account, the total sum will of course be smaller and thus we will probably be accused of spending the sums. They will not know about the payments that were made toward the services that they wanted anyway, thus in the end we will look bad like heavy spenders of what would've been their money.

I don't know but in the end I did withdraw my case. I just couldn't bare feeling about the emptiness within me, whenever we talk about it. It's not my money, so whatever happens to it is non of my business. I told K not to talk to me about money again, because I am fed up arguing over this. If the douche couple didn't know that the classes they wanted for the children are costly and they never realised that someone must've paid for it, and more importantly, they never connected the two together over the decreased sum of their cash returns, then it is their issue. That's all I have to say about it.

No comments: