Friday, April 23, 2010

The Delivery

The package has finally arrived! After three weeks of long awaited anticipation, the package has made its final destination here this morning. THe door knocked at precise 7.15am, as I was in the proceeding of making breakfast. I hesitated for one second (as usual) before realising what the knock could be bringing with it. So I went to greet the mailman before accepting the package. Brought it to the dinner table, then I felt it wouldn't be fun to just give her the news this easy way. I hid the package in the closet.

My sister rose to greet the day with little strength as it seemed. I understand the sentiment because that is what my normal feelings would be. This morning, however as I knew about the delivery, the mood was different. She did the usual by getting the kids prepared. They were brushed, cleaned, dressed and fed as the routine has been dictating them do for their short school lives. Jord, the younger sibling, who had gotten up earlier with me and knew about the package as well, broke the news to K (without consulting with me first), to which K was highly excited about. Afterall, she was very much anticipated for it since late last week, when the delivery should have beem made. For the last two days, she had been calling the service people at the company which provides the package about its intent delivery date. It was good to see that happening in eventuality, and that is today. My sister didnot open it immediately and proceeded to wait until the kids are put to school first.

So what is in the package that my sister has been longing for in the last couple of weeks? THe answer is of course the laptop that she ordered with my big brother prior to his departure. The waiting part was killing my sister because it is one of the cruelest games to play. Heck, she's playing the game as we speak about something else that is more grave. Nonetheless, the laptop is here. Finally.

No comments: