Saturday, January 9, 2010

Theory

I had this really weird continual dream about the prospect of going back to school almost every single week. Sometimes, these dreams occur more than once within the same week. I was really blasphered because I always thought that these recurring dreams were used in films either to add supsense or reveal secrets about the character's inner thoughts as the film progresses. It could actually occur in real life.

I don't know much about dreams, and I haven't read anything on why dreams happen and what dreams are, but I do have my own theory on why they occur. I think that we dream dreams because they are unconscious thoughts that are leftovers at the end of the day. But when we're in our unconscious state such as sleeping, these thoughts become more prominent in our minds. I don't have science to reinforce my thinking. However, as many people who have experienced near death, they would tell you their lives would flash before them. I can't say that it could be true but I had my own problems to realise it too. I did get some sort of flashbacks when I was in this realm of depression, wanting to suppress all my troubles, that these episodes of the past came crying back. I remembered seeing images, but these images aren't of prominent significance. It was more like little episodes, like the time I was swimming in this stream on holiday. It was nothing of any importance but again it came straight to me as if something of this little importance in my life needs revision. So, I was thinking the fact that I was dreaming about going back to school and was not prepared to sit tests at the time of examinations would suggest that my unconscious thought was preoccupied by my inner self, wanting to return to school. But what is the not ready for exams part signify? I don't really understand, but according to my sister's theory, it could tell me that I didn't want to go back to school at this time because I am not prepared for that return.

So the fact that my dream consists of the same theme, which is the revellation that I was unprepared for school, tells me that I don;t want to go to school. I had been thinking for sometime anyway why do I want to return schooling after a long interval period of being stuck here. It makes me question myself. My sister insists that I should get some kind of qualification before moving on to do something else, because a degree will butter up my application for a job. I guess she's right.

No comments: