Saturday, January 9, 2010

Dark Day of The Year...yet

Today is officially the darkest of the year yet for me. It is the day that the family is returning. I was really depressed last night thinking about today's eventuality. But nevertheless, life has to move on.

This morning around eight, K got up and prepared to pick them up. Then she woke me up when I was in the state of deep sleep. She had woken me up to ask if I wanted to come along. Obviously, as I really sleepy from insomniactic attacks last night, I really didn't want to tag along, let alone seeing them again. But because of expectation, I would assume I would receive from these people, I thought I should make some adjustions. So I showered in the next few minutes, got dressed, and headed to the airport.

Upon arriving at the airport, we found out my other uncle was there too to pick them up. We hung out around these phone booths as the seats were taken. 9am came and there was no sight of them. K and I had a bet on the time they'd get out of the processing place. I said that they, as a cause of their overcapacity in their luggages and had to take some time to search through all of them, would be aound 9.30 to come out. She however thought that it would be within 10 minutes.

It turned we were both wrong. The family has taken the liberty to go home by themselves. They phoned my other uncle when they reached the house. At hearing this, I was happy thinking, if I hadn't come, I'd be stuck with them all monring. God, sometimes your unintentional activities do you good.

Uncle immediately went back to his house to pick grams and the twins while I and K went off on our own, taking as much time as possible to evade seeeing them. So we went to this parking place to have a little rest. We wanted to wait for uncle and grams to arrive at the house before we do.

Seeing all these things that they bought, it wasn't a holiday afterall. They did enjoy it, they said. SO I will probably be hearing more stories from them about the stories they encountered over there. It won't be pretty, that's for sure.

1 comment:

Ann said...

What is so bad about the people you live with anyway?