Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jude Poodie


When the girl got to school, she was still eating her breakfast. It was a slice of bread with Nutella. She was eating slowly to the point that I had to wait for her to fully consume it before we entered the school gate. Earlier in the morning, she got up telling me that her stomach was growling. I didn't take notice at first since this is the day she was going to swimming class, so I naturally assumed she'd battle a little sickness for the fun time she was going to have at the pool. There I took her to her class, kissed her on the cheek, said goodbye and left.

The phone rang at about half an hour later. My sister went to pick it up, listening intently on the conversation. She then proceeded to tell me that Jude was vomitting on the bus on their way to the swimming pool. She had to be brought back home. So my sister and I immediately took the car to the place and found her sitting in the entrance with her teacher, waiting for us. She was also carrying a puke container as she got on the car. The teacher said something to my sis, and we left for home.

Got back to the house, we brought Jude inside and had her washed her mouth and got dressed into casual clothes. We thought we'd take her to the doctors, but somehow there wasn't anybody in the office. We were also in a rush to get our bodies checked by the practitioner. At first, we thought we might get her to stay with Gran for the duration we're at the medical place. But the girl insisted that she'd able to tag along, so we just let her come. Eventually, we had to drop her off at Gran's when she was feeling worse. Her dad came to the house to take a look and said she wasn't required to see a docter. That was where we had to depart for our own checkups, so Jude was staying with Gran watching cartoon.

The checkup was an hour long. The wait wasn't that bad as we could have worse. The place was unhygenic for my liking. The charges are freaking rip off. Here are the costs for each test we received: xray- $80each person totalling $160 for two people, the blodd test is $110 each ($220both) and the general medical checkup is $150 ($300). In all, just for the whole body checkup that is not even that comprehensive in my opinion, they robbed up out of our deep pocket for $680. RIP OFF I tell ya!! I am glad though it's only one off payment and I don't have to see them ever again!

Upon our return, we went to see how Jude was doing at Gran's. Gran informed us that the girl was doing better as she had something for lunch. She just laid down on the couch watching the cartoon in the time we were away. Jord, who got back from school, arrived at the house, and from there that we decided to come back home.

The girl is doing ok. Her parents are now tending to her needs. I feel bad for her. This morning I should've paid more attention and listened to her. It was my selfish decision that I kinda wished the girl would go to school. I wanted to be free from responsibility as I was goind to take the medical examination. It was just bad on my part. And tomorrow, she will stay home with us.

No comments: