Monday, September 20, 2010

The Day After


Today had been one good one. I couldn't believe it but I actually enjoyed a weekday. Normally I would be bored to death from the boredom that a weekday usually carry with it for me. This however is not another day. My brother came to visit and took us out to lunch which was the highlight of the day. Couldn't ask for a better afternoon.

Why did he come to take us out out of the blue? Not sure, but I am suspecting it has something to do with my mum. Maybe she had told him that it was my sister's birthday and it is his obligation to treat us with something good. Or is it possible that Gran who knows about my upcoming birthday informs him of it, making him feel needing to do something about it. I didn't ask and he for one didn't show any sign of special treatment that would explain the unusual luncheon. Nonetheless, it was enjoyable and obviously the reason or agenda is not that important.

On another topic, I found out that my sister is going to get a Swiss knife for my birthday. It was pretty obvious in her concealing but she however acted as though she wasn't going to get me anything. How did I find out about it? Well, for one she asked this knife specialist for a specific knife for mountainerring, something I had my sister I'd like to do someday. Another she took a special order and deposited the money under my nose. She's one of a kind, that one.

Now my sister is off to pick up the children from school. They will attend the library before reaching back home. They will also drop off the twins who, along with Gran, are going to the library too. So I have time to write this post. The rest of the day will probably somewhat mundane as it will approach the inane rountine that our minds have come to adapt but to abhor simultaneously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun.