Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday


Today is the 19th of September as you can see from the date shown above. What the date doesn't show, though, is that it marks another year older for my sister, who is celebrating her birthday. I won't tell how old she is turning as she will assisinate me for doing so. But I will tell how she spent her day today.

The morning began with its usual suscepts. The kids got readied and they were dropped off by us when they wanted to go to Gran's place. We, at first, hesitated for them to stay there as it is now becoming a routine and it is becoming sickening at the same time. The kids on the other hand don't think so and we were forcefully made the trip to let them remain there for the entire day. Their choice in the end.

After the kids were dropped off at Gran's (to which btw Gran was happy about), we got on the car to a clothing store to change a piece of clothing was wrongly sized for my sister. For this journey, I am required to tell about an earlier event that took place in the week to clarify where the piece of clothing had come from. So last Saturday, I ordered some clothes from online, and had it delivered here during the week. It got sent here and I was just not a good secret keeper and indeed had informed what the order was for. The clothes were intent to become a present when I got the chance to wrap them and I would've given it to her on bday. Obviously, that didn't occur because I told my sis about the gift. In the end she got them way early before her bday. On her trial to see if the clothes fit, one piece didn't and it was one size larger, which only meant we needed to head to their physical store to swap for a smaller size.

Here we go, the story is now caught up.
So we got there at the store and the saleswoman was very attentive and very welcoming. She made the experience more durable as it would have otherwise been worse because my sister and I generally don't like to go posh or fancy stores. It's just our self-esteems, when in this situation, were downed really drastically for reasons we couldn't repair just yet. The size swap was made smooth and quick and we exited the store before we knew it.

WE then proceeded to go buy a pair of shoes for my sister. Her old ones were rather old. There we found a pair was nice and cheap. We got them, costing only $20.

Grocery shopping was next on the bday itinerary. After which, I received a phone call from my brother who was at another shopping centre. He and his wife wanted to come to our house because they were planning to borrow the Sims games from us. Eventually, we got to their location, but before we reached it, we stopped at home to let loose of the grocery items and to pick the games. We went window shopping throughout that afternoon, and had a stop at Starbuck's, where we hadn't been for a very long time.

It was a nice afternoon in my opinion. My sister, whose opinion is more concerning to me, agreed that she loved her bday very much. I am relieved to hear that and I really wish she had the best day like this one everyday.

No comments: