Sunday, August 22, 2010

Starting New School for the Twins


So this week went by quickly. The reason for it is that I have been keeping busy at just about everything that is within my confines. The week consists mostly of my sister and the children catching a nasty flu and me being their helper. My bro who lives close to us also came to support the sick people. Also another major event happened last Wednesday when the twins, who shifted house, went to their new school.

On Wednesday, still getting through her sickness over the previous day, my sis woke up early to try to get the children ready. It was particular early for her and my liking as we would otherwise have gotten later. The morning was colder than usual, which prompted me to think that winter is just only beginning even though the calendar suggests the opposite. Anyway, the reason for our premature wake was for the twins who were starting their first day of the new school. By 8.20, we were already gone to Gram's place. Only I didn't go because there wasn't room for me.

When the children arrived at school, according to my sister when later she told me, the twins were separated into different rooms. My initial reaction to this was that it was ideal in that the twins would develop individualism when they are exposing new environment outside their norm. Beside, the twins wouldn't be naughty when they are split. Grams wasn't happy about this but it wasn't her decision to be made.

That afternoon, my sister was still ill and she was sleeping while my brother, Ken and I went to pick up the children, including the new entants, the twins. This, because I didn't drop them off and not knowing which rooms the twins were put into, was proven to be troublesome. I went to pick Jude and Jordan first as I was hoping the children would know of their room numbers. However, Jude did not apprehend the knowledge that morning, thus was in the unknown as well. I went to every Year One classes, in hope that I would find them there. It was not the case. I eventually headed to the office and asked the receptionist there where I would find them. The receptionist called their teachers in and we acquired that the twins were already picked up by Grams. She had been there earlier and she took the twins home with her. So the afternoon was terrible in that aspect.

My sister, throughout this week, had been sick. She caught the flu in the early days of this week, and her refusal to go to see a doctor and to take some antibiotics had proven to be a mistake. By midweek, she couldn't even mobilise and her body was compounded by soreness. My brother was a great saviour as he came here to cook for us and took us out for lunch. He did some TLC for K as well. Now my sister is doing much much better.
Today is particular nice. My brother and his wife came to our house. This is abnormal since his wife rarely came these days. Her appearance sparked a nice change for me. We went to Grams' place for lunch when she asked us to. After that, my sister wanted to go do some grocery shopping. We left the children there, so they could accompany the twins with Grams as it was to their wishes. Returned in two hours later, Ken and his wife had bought my uncle a set of pots and pans for their housewarming gift. My brother used our names in the inclusion of their gift so that we were seen as part of it as well. Tonight began when we directed our way to a Shanghainese restaurant and ended with us returning back here. It was a nice day after all. My sister is in an agreement how lovely her day had been. I am pretty sure my brother and his wife were also enjoying themselves.

No comments: