Monday, June 14, 2010

Teasing At Its Worst


I was meaning to blog yesterday but other things occupy my brain to forget about it. Anyway, here is how the day went:

My brother came late almost one o'clock where we then went out to have lunch. The place is Ken's where they cater Japanese foods. The price is quite in the high range, which had prompted my brother to complain. His complaints weren't one off, he kept at it for majority of the afternoon. I was really angry for his action, because I was there to enjoy the atmosphere and of course the food. His constant yapping was really annoying, to be polite.

Afterwards we headed to the library as we would, whether my brother was present or not. He tagged along, spending the rest of the day with us. Once there, we started doing our thing, with the children trying to pick their books. We went to the supermarket after that as usual. Ken was there hanging with the children. Nothing happened so there is nothing to report here.

It is in the carride I was really paranoid with my brother. He likes to tease the children to get a reaction. At first the teasing was more innocent in its tone, and the children were laughing in their response. I see it as okay when they laugh about the teasings, but as my brother become increasing trying to push the buttons in the topics he covers, it is really getting my nerves. He would say something about the appearance of a particular group of people and then make the children think of that for the worst of it. I couldn't intervene because I felt powerless. I know being silent on a subjective topic as this is almost the equivalent of not reporting a murder.

My brother left upon our return home, where I was glad once he left. One day with me drove me mad. I couldn't help but think about next Sunday's arrangement we'll be having with my brother. He already wanted to get pizzas for our Sunday lunch feast because he didn't want us to go to resaturants for money saving. Can't wait!

No comments: