Friday, June 18, 2010

Depression


It's coming back. The attacks that I have been receiving every now and then. It has been with me for many days now. It sucks because that is all my life consists of right now.


Anyway, my sister has been seeing a therapist to help her with anxiety. Ok, the person she is seeing is not a qualified therapist, but he is a GP. He had asked her to see a real one, but she insisted she couldn't do it. Being a great docter that he is, he tried to keep her in contact by evaluating her emotions and other factors himself every fortnightly. This morning was her fourth visit I believe.


I want to talk more about the doctor. His name is Andy. Before him, we used to see this old and I dare to add incompetent GD, who was only there for money. When Andy joined the practice, we switched to him, which has proven to be a great move. What is best about Andy is that he doesn't charge additional price for my sister's fortnightly evaluations. I believe other doctors would have taken more fortune by this opportunity. And I have to add that the professionism practiced by Andy is not something that has been substituted by the absence of money either. My sister said her sessions with him had helped him greatly from the beginning, and that is always a plus in my book.

As for my own depression, I will try to calm it down for the time being. There is no need for further scrutiny when my sister should be the one who needed to be dealt with first. When the situation with which my trapness in this confinement is dealt with, I will seek help.

No comments: