Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Holiday pt 2


So the first week was good. How did the second week fare?

Here is some highlights over the second week:


  • Tuesday- gone to the beach when Jude insisted we'd go there. Big bro succumbed to her pressure and we headed there. I was sitting, angrily stomping on the sand beneath because at that time I was suffering from a little xenophobia. The children were happy as usual, playing with the cold water and making objects out of sand. Good day overall.

  • Wednesday was special because we did something out of the norm. We went fishing! The children hadn't done it and I enjoyed the idea that they experienced this novelty as something to be grateful for. We fished on a bridge where many people were present. In the end, there were just nothing in the sea to be caught. The children weren't disappointed and definitely wanted to redeem themselves!

  • Friday was when my brother bought me a new game. It is called Street Fighter. Awesome game I must say. The lead up to buying this was that he wanted to buy all of us a new game, and the night before I kinda let on with getting a fighting game. Him being the older brother came to the house that day, and he bought it for me.
Everything was doing fine until the last couple days. Gran came here when she and the twins that she looks after were invited to come by the o. With this new found revelation, we couldn't follow through with our own plan which was to go out and enjoy the last few free school days. Nonetheless, I did enjoy the holidays more than I anticipated, and I know for a fact the children were jubilant about it too.




No comments: