Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two Day with Bro and His Wife

I got sick. I was going to my brother's butchery last Thursday. Upon my return to Auckland, I was feeling cold and drowsy. But I am surviving.

My brother called on my sis' phone telling her that he requested my attendance immediately. The girl who works there didn't turn up. To be honest, I didn't feel like going. I was already in this awkward state with them both, and their asking me to be there makes me feel really unease. But of course, I had to go.

The children were also sick . That day I thought I was going to look after them. Being asked to go to Hamilton ruined that plan. I packed my stuff, two bags and all. Then Kim and I left as she would normally, to pick Kem up, to drop him off at his school, and finally going to bus station. We however went to the wrong place to begin with and had to rush to the intercity terminal to make the 0930 bus. To make it to the bus, I got out of the bus when we stopped for the traffic light, and I took my backpack with me. I was planning to ask the bus driver to stop for me so I could get my other bag,

Upon reaching there, I asked the bus driver could I get on the bus? He gave me permission but I had to get my ticket inside the terminal. I did what was told, and then came to the bus to tell him that I needed only a few minutes. He said he would leave on time, so no. Shit, I was panicking. I saw my sister's car stopped at the other side of the road. I wanted to go there so bad, but I couldn't because then I would miss the bus. I couldn't wait for the next few hours, it would look bad with my brother asking to help him out and all. I had no choice but to go on the bus.

My sis would call me in 10 minutes, asking where I was. I informed her of the event that took place on the terminal, so she resumed her day as normal. As for me, I sat on the bus for the next two hours, half sleeping and half awake.

Once arrived, I immiediately walked to the nearby warehouse to purchase myself a vodafone topup as my phone was penniless. I called my brother that I arrived and he told me where to go to wait for him. I then called my sister, whom I had bestmated with, that I got there safely. The rest of the day was me at work, freezing my ass off. Somehow my brother's butchery is really really cold.

That night my bro and his wife took me to this Japanese restaurant. My head and body by then was all frozed up that I couldn't enjoy any of it. I tried to contain myself, not making the sickness to overwhelm the night. We ate, my brother and his wife were so nice and friendly. I felt awkward with them because of the past I shared with them. I wanted to apologise so so bad, but somehow my mouth couldn't produce words to resemble my thought. It was terrible. But the food was devine.

We came back home and I decided to head to bed immediately. I thought to myself that maybe I sleep early I could shake the sickness out.

For the night, I kept waking up. One at 0020, 0400, 0600. The times I woke and could return to sleep. It was terrible. In the morning I wished I could be at the apartment because by then my body was pounding with pain. Yet I knew I was required to go, and I did go.

My bro informed me about what to do at the shop if the girl returned to work. I would just stay outside and do the selling, while helping him do his accounting. I agreed.

It turned out, she did come. I did what was told, and stayed close to the front. The day was quiet. So was yesterday. There was a fieldday across town, so we figured that was the culprit. I couldn't do the accounting for my bro as the computer could recognise the software. I, instead, did it in the evening.

The shop was freeeeeeeeeeeezing. I couldn't stop shaking. My whole body was all paralysed by this intnesity of the coldness.

That is how I got sick. When I returned on Saturday, my body just couldn't handle the freezing experience I gained working for my bro.

No comments: