So he came here and invited us to go with him to lunch. We got on the car and to the restaurant we headed. Jord, who was left behind by the douche and he took his other child to his shop, came along, even he had no choice in that decision! The restaurant was a Shanghainese one. My brother likes the place, despite their poor service. I mean the host lady was so rude that she sometimes just dump the food on your table without telling us what the foods were. She doesn't smile either. Three or four times we've been there, not once did I see her let one smile escape the stern face. And yet, we kept going back there.
After the restaurant, we went to the Chinatown, just opened nearby our neighbourhood. Not sure when they officially opened it but today as we were going to someplace else, we saw the signs about the Chinatown, that my brother decided to head in. Once we got in, some of the shops weren't even opened yet. Some empty premises were present, among the opened ones, selling whatever you can name. Really busy, I must add.
Done with the Chinatown tour, we eventually got to another shopping mall at Onehunga. There, we shopped for clothes. I got two pairs of jeans, my sister one pair, my brother two shirts, and even Jord had his pieces of clothings bought with us. It was fun, and we ended the shopping spree with Mac ice creams.
WE drove around for the ramaining time we got in the city. We stopped at this park near the oceanside, just chilaxing. The cool breeze and watching people flying their kite.
By dinner time, or at least our version of dinnertime (which is always earlier than most people), we went to this Sushi Train restaurant in the city. I enjoyed the meal but the prices were really off putting. One dish they charge you like crazy. I was scared to try some expensive ones as my brother would be paying and I didn't want him to pay that much. I had been there once before, but this time round, the variety of the available foods was quite limited. My brother had the same revelation. Nonetheless, what we got served was just as good.
My brother took the opportunity to tell me about his Friday going to the Snooker Tournament. His club entered it and he tagged along with his fellow clubbers who are competing. My brother didn't participate this time because he didn't have proper uniform to take part in. This coming Saturday, he will compete. I am going to see him because I think he needs encouragement, and plus we are family so we have to be there for each other, I suppose. It will be good to watch. Can't wait!
So today was really exciting for me. My brother, by taking me to go out for a nice afternoon, had made my day. Not knowing it, but I was forgetting my troubles for,the time being, which was a great change in itself. So thanks Ken, alot, for this afternoon.
No comments:
Post a Comment